Our Cleaver’s Organic Corned Beef is perfect for a dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
Leftovers are ideal for sandwiches if you are able to stop everyone from eating it all!
As you’d expect it’s made with 100% Australian grass fed organic beef. It is also allergen and gluten free, and has no added hormones or antibiotics.
Corned beef makes a wonderful traditional family meal and the white sauce recipe finishes it off perfectly.
Traditional Simmering Method:
- Step 1. Rinse beef in cold water to remove surface brine. Place into
a heavy-based pot and cover with cold water.
- Step 2. Bring pot to boil, remove any foam that rises to the surface, then reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Step 3. Add aromatics such as a bay leaf, brown sugar, onion and cloves. Then add chunks of carrot, celery and onion to flavour the beef delicately.
- Step 4. Adjust heat and maintain a gentle simmer for 60 mins.
- Step 5. A fork should easily penetrate the centre of the meat when ready. Once cooked, remove the pot from heat and leave beef to rest in the cooling liquid.
- Step 6. Slice meat and serve with vegetables and white sauce.
Alternatively, bake in an oven at 180°C
- Step 1. Rinse beef in cold water to remove the surface brine. Place in a shallow baking tray and add water until the beef is covered half way.
- Step 2. Add aromatics such as a bay leaf, brown sugar, onion and cloves. Then add chunks of carrot, celery and onion to flavour the beef delicately.
- Step 3. Cover the tray with foil and place in the oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Step 4. Remove from the oven and rest for 10 mins.
- Step 5. Slice meat and serve with vegetables and white sauce.
White Sauce Recipe
Strain the corned beef cooking liquid into a clean saucepan. Heat 50g of chopped butter in a pan over low-medium heat. Stir in 25gr of plain flour. Remove form heat. Gradually stir in 2 cups of strained cooking liquid. Return to heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
Add 60mL of pouring cream and bring to the boil. Add 1/3 of a cup of flat leaf parsley and 1 1/2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard.
|Avg quantity per serving||Avg quantity per 100g|
|GLUTEN||Nil Detected||Nil Detected|
Organic Beef (75%), Water, Salt, Organic Tapioca Starch, Fruit & Spice Extract (incl Dextrose (Corn)), Organic Coconut Sugar, Natural Seaweed Extract, Organic Sugar.