- 150ml great southern beer
- 2 kg beef short ribs, cut into 1-rib portions
- Salt and pepper
- A dash of olive oil
- 3 carrots cut into thick slices
- 3 ribs celery, cut in chunks
- 2 large onion, cut in chunks
- 500ml beef stock
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
Grab yourself an ice cold Great Southern beer 340ml, an oven pan and 2kgs of Cleavers organic short rib, use 150ml on your ribs and consume the rest.
- Sprinkle short ribs with salt and pepper, lay in an oven dish
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine ingredients. Cover with foil and cook at 170 degrees until ribs are fork soft, approx. 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve with mash using the left over reduced liquid as your gravy
Note: If you would like a dry roast rib, leave out the stock and reduce your temperature to 160 degrees, make sure to baste your ribs with extra virgin olive oil.
Individual parcels are a family treat. Keep the recipe the same, to intensify the flavour add a handful of fresh coriander.