- 3 beetroot, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1⁄2 celeriac, julienned
- 1 kohlrabi, julienned
- 1 large handful of thinly sliced fennel
- 1⁄4 red cabbage, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large handfuls mint leaves, shredded
- 2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons chopped chervil or any other herb 125 g (1⁄2 cup) aioli
- Place the beetroot, carrot, celeriac, kohlrabi, fennel and cabbage in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- To make the chervil dressing, combine the lemon juice, chervil and aioli in a bowl and mix well. Drain the vegetables and dry well with paper towel. Dry the bowl and replace the vegetables.
- When ready to serve, add salt and pepper to taste, add the herbs, lemon zest and chervil dressing to the vegetables. Toss well, pile onto plates and serve.