Frequently asked questions
Read through the answers to these frequently asked questions to find out more about certified organic farming, organic meat standards, our network of Certified Organic Australian farmers, our product range and much more.
- For enquiries related to your online order, you can reach out to us at email@example.com or call Customer Care at 1800 954 653.
- For any other enquiries, please contact us here.
- In the event that you are unhappy with any part of your box, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Care at 1800 954 653
- If you experience any problems when you receive your order please contact us straight away and we will attempt to rectify the problem. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on any of our products due to their perishable nature.
- We may be able to make minor address amendments if you contact Customer Care immediately after your order has been placed. NB: we will not make full address changes due to security reasons.
- Customers are responsible for providing their correct shipping address when completing their order. This includes Name, Street, City, State and Postcode.
- Of course! When confirming your order, you can provide us with specific delivery instructions which will be passed onto the driver e.g. "please leave on the small table beside the door". The driver will do their best to comply so long as it is safe and responsible to do so.
- Cleaver's works just like most online stores. Simply browse our shop and find a boxed bundle that suits your needs. Click the 'Add to Cart' button next to any items you wish to purchase – this will add them to your shopping cart. After you have finished 'Buying' your products click on the checkout symbol then proceed answering the various questions that are required to complete your order.
- When confirming your order, you can provide us with instructions on what to do if you're not at home to accept your delivery. Our friendly drivers will do their best to find a way to make your delivery work for you.
- We offer two deliveries per week. The available delivery dates and times vary depending on your location. When placing your order, you will be offered the next available dates and times for your requested shipping location.
- Deliveries commence three days after orders close at 4am on Tuesday and Thursday each week. The next available delivery dates & times for your shipping destination will be displayed when placing your order.
- Every order will be offered the next available deliveries to the requested shipping destination, regardless of which day the order is placed.
- Sometimes things don't go to plan for delivery. If that happens, please call our Customer Care on 1800 954 653 or email email@example.com
- You can choose from the available dates and times when placing your order. Unfortunately, our couriers can't offer a specific delivery time due to logistical constraints. The good news is that you never have to be home to accept the delivery. Thanks to our specially designed cartons with insulating liners and cold packs you can rest assured knowing everything will still be cool by the time you return home.
- Once you place your order, you will receive automated SMS updates about its progress.
- Right now, we deliver to regional and metropolitan destinations in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria. We are working hard to add more locations soon.
- Yes, we sure do! Please ensure you put in any special instructions necessary to make sure that we can deliver to your door.
- We offer daytime, evening and overnight delivery time slots. The available timeslots will be offered to you when you place your order.
- Cleaver's boxes must be refrigerated, that means they require special transport. Shipping costs between $12.50 and $17.50 depending on the specific destination. The exact shipping cost for your delivery will always be displayed clearly during the checkout process.
- This varies depending on the specific product. Cleaver’s products all have 'best before' or ‘Use by’ dates clearly displayed on the packaging. They are safe to consume up until, and including, that day if they remain unopened and refrigerated. To ensure optimal freshness, we advise that you unpack your box contents into your refrigerator as soon as possible once it arrives.
- Your Cleaver's box is shipped in specially refrigerated vehicles, this keeps your food fresh while we’re getting it to you. We advise that you unpack your ingredients into your refrigerator as soon as possible once they arrive.
- All Cleaver's products are shipped chilled – we do not deliver any frozen products.
- Like all perishable foods, meat must be handled and stored properly to avoid spoilage and foodborne illness. Refrigerate your fresh meat products as soon after delivery as possible. When refrigerating meat, place it in the meat compartment or the coldest part of the refrigerator. All Cleaver's meat products are fresh and delivered chilled in sealed packaging.
- Cleaver's uses specially designed packaging to ensure your order arrives fresh and safe every time. We use the minimum amount necessary to do the job. We are mindful of the resources we use, and we are always looking for sustainability improvements.
- Cardboard carton and 'inner' - The carton, inner, paper insulation and recipe cards are all recyclable.
- Ice Packs - The ice packs are perfect for reuse in your esky or lunch box. Otherwise, simply dispose of the water-based gel in your general waste and check with your local council on where you can recycle the outer soft-plastic layer. NB. Do not consume the contents of the ice pack.
- Rigid plastic Trays- Our rigid plastic trays and cardboard sleeves can be recycled in your yellow recycle bin.
- Plastic film - The plastic film used to keep your meat fresh and hygienic on some packs should be placed in your general waste or it can be recycled through the REDcycle Program. To find your nearest drop off location, visit www.redcycle.net.au.
- Cleaver's is committed to reducing food waste. For safety and quality, our organic products must be as fresh as possible when they reach you. We rely on the effectiveness of the packaging to ensure they are still as safe, delicious and fresh as possible when you serve them to your family. It's our challenge to produce delicious certified organic products that have everything customers expect from their fresh food - without the undesirable things used in conventional products.
- As an organic business, we are also very conscious of the need to be economical with resources. All of our rigid plastic trays are recyclable, and we've been testing alternatives for some time. It will be a little while before there is a packaging alternative that ensures safety and freshness, but we will keep everyone updated with any news about our products. We appreciate your feedback and your continued support for Cleaver's while we're working on making improvements.
What Cleaver's Boxes can I purchase?
- We offer seven specific boxes, each individually designed for a variety of lifestyles. On top of this, Cleaver's have added entire primal beef cuts (conveniently sliced) to our range. These are exclusive to our online store.
- Our Basic Box is perfect for anyone chasing a great mix of prime cuts and convenient family favourites like sausages and mince.
- As the name suggests, our Family Box caters perfectly for the whole family. Offering a total of 16 different products for those younger, more particular customers, last minute dinner planning will be a thing of the past!
- The Cleaver's Value Box feeds a lot for a little! With 5 packs of organic mince as the mainstay, this box provides the perfect base for fabulous meals on a budget.
- Our Convenience Box is great for everyone living that fast-paced lifestyle who something on table with no fuss after a busy day – fast.
- The Rump Pack offers 20 pieces of full-flavoured versatile rump steaks. Ideal for grilling or use in Asian style salads.
- The Porterhouse cut is one of the most popular cuts of beef and often the steak lover's first choice. The Porterhouse Pack consists of 20 steaks perfectly suited to grilling or barbecuing.
- Scotch Fillet is a top shelf option for steak lovers. It has a distinctly rich, meaty flavour and juicy tenderness. The Scotch Pack consists of 20 steaks perfectly suited to grilling or barbecuing.
According to Australia Organic (the peak body for the Australian Organic industry), organic farming means farming in a way which cares for the environment, without relying upon synthetic chemicals and other unnatural interventionist approaches. All our certified organic beef and lamb is raised free range on organic pasture from start to finish.
Yes. The Australian Certified Organic standard requires livestock to ALWAYS be free range as part of the organic certification standard.
Cleaver's cattle and lambs are entirely grass fed and finished, eating the organic pasture freely as they roam at will.
You and your family can enjoy Cleaver’s products knowing they are Certified Organic. That means our meat is sourced from animals that are:
- raised on free range farms that are audited annually to make sure they comply with organic standards
- weaned using stress-free methods
- fed on organic pastures and supplements
- not exposed to synthetic pesticides or herbicides
- never administered antibiotics
- never administered growth hormones.
The first health benefit is that there is nothing in the meat that you didn’t anticipate being there. Certified organic grass fed meat has
- No synthetic chemical residues
- No GMOs
- No added hormones
- No antibiotics
The second is that the nutrients are better for you. According to The Mayo Clinic, when compared to other types of beef, organic grass fed beef may have:
- more heart healthy Omega-3 fatty acids
- less total fat
- more antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamin E
- more conjugated linoleic acid, a type of fat that’s thought to reduce heart disease and cancer risks.
No. Cleaver’s organic and free range products are not certified halal.
Look for the Australian Organic bud logo. All our Certified Organic beef, lamb and chicken products carry the Australian Certified Organic bud logo. This tells you that our product has been approved by Australia’s leading organic certification body. To comply with these standards, all our animals have verified lifetime organic traceability. Learn more about the ACO Standard here.
A free range environment is a mandatory requirement of the Australian organic standard for all livestock. All Cleaver’s meat products are raised entirely in a free range environment.
We source our organic meat from livestock raised on organic farms predominantly in New South Wales and Queensland. You can read more about some of our farms here.
Yes. Our rigid plastic trays and cardboard sleeves can be recycled in your yellow recycle bin. We encourage our customers to please recycle wherever possible.
Cleaver’s Organic Meat is available at many Coles stores, Woolworths and independent retailers. Visit our stockists page for a full list of current stockists.