There are marvellous benefits to a slow cooker but to sum them up – minimal effort, maximum flavour and all the tenderness. Cleaver’s lamb chops can be cooked to perfection using the slow cooking method. The slow cooker tenderises the meat, draws out the juicy authentic flavours of the chop, and not to mention it’s super easy.
Serve up our grass-fed lamb chops with great-tasting recipes below that are guaranteed to be a big hit with the family.
As always, you can be confident that Cleaver’s organic lamb chops are 100% grass-fed and gluten and preservative free.
Our favourite Slow Cooked Lamb Chop recipes at Cleaver’s
Cleaver’s slow cooked lamb chops recipe pick #1: Slow cooked lamb chops with red wine sauce, broccolini, carrots and mashed potato
This slow cooker lamb chop recipe is a classic mid-week or weekend dinner option. Mashed potato never fails to pair perfectly with chops, combine that with perfectly seasoned broccolini and carrots and you’ve got yourself a hearty, nutritious family meal.
The preparation time of this meal takes a quick 30 minutes and can serve 4. The lamb takes 5 hours and 10 minutes to cook.
- 1kg Cleavers Organic Lamb Chops
- 900g potatoes
- 410g can chopped tomatoes with paste
- 1 pack of broccolini
- 1 pack of carrots
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup double cream
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Salt, to season
- Heat the oil in large deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Add half the lamb to pan to cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer the meat to the slow cooker. Repeat until all lamb is cooked and in the slow cooker.
- Reduce heat of the pan to medium. Add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes, broccolini, carrots, red wine, thyme and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the lamb. Cover and cook on low for a total time of 5 hours or until lamb is tender.
- Whilst the lamb is cooking prepare the mash potato by placing the potatoes in a pan and cover it with cold water.
- Bring the water to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes stick a fork into one of the potatoes. The potato should be tender and the fork should slide through. If it doesn’t cook for a few more minutes but no longer than 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and let them rest for 1 minute or until the moisture is gone.
- Place the potatoes in a potato masher 2 at a time and continue until all the potato is mashed.
- Add the butter and stir it so the heat of the potato melts the butter.
- Add the cream, half the salt and pepper and stir together using a wooden spoon. Stir until the potatoes are smooth and creamy.
- Top the mashed potatoes with a bit of butter and some salt flakes and pinch of black pepper. You can leave in the fridge or serve warm when the lamb is ready.
- Once the lamb is done in the slow cooker, serve with the mash potato and enjoy!
Cleavers slow cooked lamb chops recipe pick #2: Lamb chop stew with vegetables
Make our organic lamb chops the star of a hearty stew with this 6-serving recipe. This satisfying recipe is comfort food at it’s best with tender lamb, soft vegetables and a delicious rich sauce. Say hello to your new family favourite!
The total prep time for this recipe is a quick 10 minutes and you can leave the meat in the slow cooker with the vegetables for a total time of 8 hours on low or you can put it on high for 5 hours until the meat is tenderised.
- 500g Cleavers Organic Lamb Chops
- 250g potato
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 3 Cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup celery
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 1/2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
- Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour and toss well making sure the lamb pieces are well coated.
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a pan and add the lamb chops. Cook the lamb until it is brown. You may need to do this in batches so you don’t crowd the pan.
- Put the browned meat aside to rest and cover it in foil.
- Chop the garlic and onion and place it in the same pan. Cook the onions until they have softened.
- Pour 1/3 cup of wine and scrape any brown bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the wine has reduced add another 1/2 cup of stock to the pan and mix it.
- Add the browned lamb, onion, garlic and the carrots, potato, celery, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, thyme, tomato paste and spices to the slow cooker.
- Place the slow cooker on low for 8 hours or you can put it on high for 5 hours. In the last 30 minutes add the green peas.
- Serve the stew with toasted bread or rice to absorb the slow cooked sauce and enjoy.